Recent Posts

Loading...
.

Friday, June 29, 2012

GURUJI.... I salute u....

On the occasion of the auspicious Guru Purnima, I want to thank my Guruji for being with me always...


When we take a close look at the meaning of "Guru"... According to Advayataraka Upanishad...


The syllable gu means "shadows"
The syllable ru, he who disperses them,
Because of the power to disperse darkness
the guru is thus named.


Hence a Guru is "one who dispels darkness of ignorance", and exactly this is what my Guruji does...


I have learnt many things from many teachers since my childhood, and I respect each one of them.. But I don't call all of them as my Gurus, as there are some differences between a teacher/professor and a Guru...


In a day a teacher might teach us only for a specific period, whereas a Guru is one who teaches us every moment... He is with in us always...


A teacher teaches through words, whereas a Guru teaches us through his experiences, which is beyond words...


A teacher has no concern for the student's personal life, whereas a Guru looks after the student in every facet of his/her life.


A teacher teaches us only a few subjects whereas, a Guru gives us the knowledge which encompasses all subjects..


A teacher is planned most of the times, whereas a Guru is spontaneous always..


Since childhood most of us might have recited the sloka


"Guru Brahma Gurur Vishnu
Guru Devo Maheshwara
Guru Saakshat Para Brahma
Tasmai Sree Gurave Namaha"


many times..


which means, "Guru is verily the representative of the Trinty- Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara. He creates, sustains knowledge and destroys the weeds of Ignorance, I salute to such a Guru."


And I feel very lucky as I found my Guru with all these qualities...


And hence I salute MY GURU... 




Dr T. P. Sasikumar
(click on the link to connect with him)


Thank You so much Guruji for everything...







No comments:

Post a Comment